Travelling can be fun and exciting, but there’s no feeling as comforting as returning home.
For armchair explorers, plan real or imaginary journeys with these cartographic cushions from the comfort of your home. Maps fit into all interiors, from artfully disorganised rooms to minimal homes, and for those of us who don’t want to commit to a large wall print, map cushions are a great way to go.
There’s something engaging and comforting about maps in the home, perhaps because they hold the promise of future travel, or maybe because they organise the world we live in and make it seem more manageable and less overwhelming.
From the fantastical illustrated London map cushion by Kristjana S Williams to the stylish fabric map cushions of Mappliqué, here’s our pick of map print soft furnishings.
1. Kristjana S Williams Lundunar Kort Cushion £135
2. Dunelm London Map Cushion £9.99
3. Mappliqué British Isles Map Cushion Cover £33
4. Mappliqué No Place Like Home Vintage Map Cushion £33
5. Dunelm London Map Cushion Cover £5.99
6. John Lewis Maps Cushion Cover £25